Australia Day BBQ: Spicy Prawn Skewers
- 2 large garlic cloves (finely choped)
- 1 long red chilli (seeded and finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice Salt and cracked black pepper
- 750 g raw king prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- Lime wedges(to serve)
- Ready-made aioli or mayonnaise (to serve)
- Salt flakes (to season)
- Bamboo skewers
- Soak bamboo skewers for 30 minutes before threading prawns to prevent burning over the grill.
- Place olive oil, lime juice, garlic, black pepper and chilli in a large glass bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Add prawns and toss to marinate evenly.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat barbeque plate to high.
- Remove prawns from bowl and thread 3 onto each skewer.
- Grill prawn skewers for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with aioli or mayonnaise and lime wedges.
Print this recipe