Fish Tacos with Tomato Salsa
- Tomato Salsa
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 1 medium red onion (finely chopped)
- chili flakes
- Fish Taco
- 400 grams Barramundi fillet
- 150 grams flour
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- 120 milliliters milk
- 60 milliliters peanut oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- Taco Toppings
- 300 grams lettuce (shreded)
- 6 tablespoons chili sauce
- 150 grams fresh coriander (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 fresh lime (juiced)
- In a medium bowl, mix tomatoes, onion, garlic, coriander.
- Add chilli flakes to taste.
- Mix together the flour, chili powder and 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Pour the milk into another medium bowl, and place the fish into it to soak up the milk.
- Pour the peanut oil into a large frying pan and place over medium-high heat until it shimmers and is about to smoke.
- Remove fish from milk, and place in flour to lightly powder fish pieces with flour. Pat to remove excess flour.
- Place fish pieces in the pan with peanut oil. Cook until deep golden brown on one side — roughly 3 to 4 minutes. Turn carefully and cook for 1 minute more.
- Remove cooked fish to a clean plate lined with paper towels. Cut the fillet into even-sized strips.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and sour cream. Season with lime, salt, pepper.
Final Taco Assembly
- Heat the tortillas in a pan until they are soft and hot.
- Fill each tortilla with a strip of fish. Top with tomato salsa, shredded lettuce, sour cream, chilli sauce, and lime juice to taste.
Print this recipe