Fresh Salmon Sushi Rolls
- 4 sheets nori
- 1 cup sushi rice (rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 cucumber (cut into thin strips)
- 110 g fresh sushi-grade red salmon
- 1 medium carrot (grated)
- 1/2 avocado (cut into thin strips)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a saucepan on high heat, place sushi rice into 1 ½ cups of water. Cover the saucepan and bring it to a boil before reducing the heat to low and cooking until rice is soft and has absorbed the water. Remove from heat.
- Combine cooked rice with vinegar in a bowl and stir to prevent rice from becoming clumpy.
- Place 1 nori sheet on a sushi mat with the shiny-side facing down. Spread a quarter of the rice mixture over the nori sheet and make sure you leave a border that’s roughly 3cm wide along the edges.
- Place one-quarter of the avocado along the edge facing you. Top with one quarter each of the salmon, cucumber and carrot.
- Using the sushi mat, roll up the filling and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Slice each roll into bite-sized pieces. Serve with soy sauce.
Print this recipe