Authentic Coconut and Seafood Laksa Recipe
- 1 kg large green King prawns
- 8 fresh mussels (to garnish)
- 200 g laksa paste
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 3 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 200 g rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 200 g fresh bean sprouts
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh mint
- To make 4 servings out of this seafood laksa recipe, begin by peeling and deveining prawns. Remove the heads but leave tails intact.
- Soak vermicelli in a large bowl of boiling water until cooked (approx. 8 minutes). Drain and rinse with cold water. Divide between 4 bowls.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the laksa paste and cook for 1 minute. Add sugar, salt, coriander and stock and bring to the boil. Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes. Add prawns and cook for approx. 2 minutes, until they are pink.
- Pour/ladle laksa over noodles. Garnish with mussels, fresh bean sprouts and mint. Serve and enjoy immediately while hot.
Print this recipe