Traditional Spanish Seafood Paella
- 6 free-range chicken thighs
- plain flour
- olive oil
- 100 g chorizo
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 a bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 litres organic chicken stock
- 2 large pinches of saffron
- 1 heaped teaspoon smoked paprika
- 500 g paella rice
- 200 g squid rings
- 2 handfuls of fresh or frozen peas
- 10 large raw king prawns
- 200 g mussels
- 200 g pipis
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Chop the chicken into small pieces and season with salt, pepper and flour.
- Heat in large, deep pan and fry chicken until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, finely chop cloves of garlic, onion and parsley. Thinly slice the chorizo and add to the pan.
- Heat the chicken stock and infuse half with the saffron.
- Add the smoked paprika, the rice and infused stock to the pan and leave to cook on medium heat for around 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining stock, peas, prawns, and the mussels and calamari rings. Place a lid on the pan and cook for 10 further minutes.
- Finally, sprinkle over the chopped parsley and serve with wedges of lemon for squeezing over.
Print this recipe