Valentines Day Dinner: Baked Salmon Recipe
- 175 g skinless salmon fillets
- 60 extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon (thinly sliced)
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Lay four 30cm squares of baking paper on 2 baking trays.
- Place a salmon fillet on each, then top with lemon slices and a thyme sprig. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of oil and season. Fold the edges of the paper together to form well-sealed parcels. Bake for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- While salmon is baking, whisk the mustard, tarragon, vinegar, sugar and remaining oil in a jug for the dressing, and season.
- Blanch the asparagus for 2 minutes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water until tender. Drain well, then keep warm.
- Arrange the salmon and asparagus on plates, add slice of lemon , drizzle with the tarragon dressing and top with a sprig of thyme to serve.
Print this recipe